As you are aware, all the states in the USA are now being affected by the COVID-19 virus. As President of Metro Garage Door, Inc., I wanted to reach out to you personally to let you know how we are implementing safety protocols to continue to serve you during this unprecedented COVID-19 season. At this time, we are open and operating on a full-time schedule to meet all your garage door, insulation, and fireplace needs.
We are following enhanced cleaning protocols recommended by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) to ensure your safety. Also, we are monitoring our team members health. Anyone that has a fever, are showing signs of sickness, or who have been known to be exposed will remain at home. Should any new recommendations or procedures come up, we will change our protocols accordingly. At Metro, we plan to remain open and continue to have our technicians service, repair, and install items as normal. We will communicate any changes to that decision to you as they occur.
Here is a list of some procedures we are implementing to ensure we meet your needs while doing our part to keep you, our employees, and our communities safe.
- Cleaning: Our technicians are also required to must wash their hands and wipe down the tools that they use after each call. We will also be cleaning our facility frequently with recommended sanitizing products daily.
- Signature for service & repair work: We normally require our repair or service work to be approved by signature. However, during this time, we will be suspending this requirement. We will accept a verbal commitment to perform service and repair work.
- Payment: We ask that all payments be made electronically. Please contact us to give your payment information to our office staff while the technician is on-site or you can pay your bill online.
- Meetings: We are postponing any in-person company meetings so that we maintain social distancing. Technicians already work in isolation for most of the day and are not exposed to large groups during work. We will be limiting face to face interaction between our office team members and field team members.
- Showroom: Our showroom is closed. However, you can schedule pickups and we will deliver them curbside
- Curb-Side Service: We ask that you remain in your vehicle, and call our main number and we’ll be happy to assist you.
- All orders must be placed via phone and should not be placed in person.
- We may request assistance in loading sections and in those instances, please practice social distancing.
- For COD orders, please make every effort to pay in advance with credit card. If paying with cash or check, we ask you to practice social distancing.
- Customer access to warehouse, office, and restroom will not be allowed at this time.
- Please do not pick up orders if you are sick or experiencing COVID-19 symptoms.
Metro has been serving the Metro Atlanta for over 40 years. Safety is one of our core values. We are dedicated to the well-being of our customers as well as our employees. But we also understand the value of trying to reduce the spread of this virus so that our healthcare system is not overwhelmed. As members of a common community, together we can make a difference. We will continue our focus on delivering the products and services you depend on in a manner consistent with the health and wellbeing of everyone.
We value the health & safety of our customers, vendors, and team members. Thank you for your cooperation during this challenging situation.
Please contact us to schedule your appointment or to discuss any concerns you may have.
Derrick Thompson, President
Metro Garage Door, Inc.