As a homeowner you know just how much wear and tear your garage door gets. At some point in time, it’ll break down. There are many different reasons why a garage door might malfunction or not open. We’ve put together a list of 5 issues you might experience with your garage door. All of these issues will require the help of an experienced technician; and the pros at Metro Garage Doors are only a phone call away.
5 Reasons Your Garage Door Won’t Open or Close
- Damaged Door Torsion or Extension Springs – If you find that your garage door’s motor is running; but the door won’t open, then there’s a distinct possibility that your torsion or extension springs might be damaged. If your springs are broken, you definitely need the help of a professional. Contact Metro Garage Doors anytime you notice an issue with your springs.
- Broken Cables – Even more dangerous than broken springs are broken cables. Your springs are in charge of providing tension as your door is raised or lowered, but the cables are in charge of physically bring the door down and up.
- Limit Setting Issue – If your garage door opens right back up as soon as it hits the ground, there could be an issue with your opener’s limit setting.
- Track Misalignment – Throughout the course of repeatedly using your garage door, it’s possible for the tracts to become misaligned, which can get worse over time. If you notice that your door is starting to move more slowly or you notice that something’s off with the tracks, give us a call.
- Stripped Gear – As your garage door gets older, it’s quite possible that your gears will become stripped at some point in time, causing your garage door not to open.
Contact Metro Garage Doors Today
Any time you have an issue with your garage door, the professionals at Metro Garage Doors are here to help. Give us a call and we’ll get your garage door back working properly in no time.