Inspect your garage door rollers!
It is easy to forget the complexity of a garage door. The door is not the only important feature—there are many parts that need to be checked and potentially replaced throughout your garage door’s lifetime. The rollers of the door are responsible for opening and closing the door safely. If the rollers are worn down or not working correctly, your garage door could be in danger of damage, as well as any people or cars that more underneath the door frequently. Metro Garage Doors encourages their clients to be wary and proactive with the rollers on their door.
How do I know if I need a replacement?
Garage door rollers should last you a long time, so Metro Garage Doors recommends checking them at least once per year. Here are a few tell-tale signs that your rollers need to be replaced.
- Loosening of the rollers
- Incorrect movement of the rollers when the door is stationary
- Rollers are visibly cracked, or any part around the roller is broken
- Garage door is not smoothly opening and closing
The rollers are located on both sides of your garage door to roll up and down the garage when functioning.
Some rollers may look different than others!
There are two common types of rollers you may find on your garage door.
- Builder-Grade Rollers: These steel or hard plastic rollers are most likely what you will find on your door. They have no ball-bearings, so they need to be replaced much more often. We Metro recommends every two years to replace these to keep your garage door in great shape. These types of rollers usually squeak when in need of replacement.
- Upgraded Rollers: These are made of nylon and have ball bearings. They will last longer but should be lubricated a few times a year.
Need help determining the next step for your garage door? Metro Garage Doors is here to help ensure your garage door is functioning with perfectly working parts. We can inspect your rollers, lubricate them, and replace them when needed. Call us today to speak to a garage door expert and schedule your next appointment for repair or replacement. We are proud to serve the residents of Douglasville Georgia and ensuring their comfort and peace of mind with their garage door.