Here are some monthly maintenance tips and safety videos from CHI Overhead Doors. We want you to be safe at all times when operating your garage door. June is the focus month to remind customers about the safety tips and maintenance tasks.
- Avoid a moving garage door and always keep hands & fingers clear of the moving parts.
- Do not let children play with garage doors, transmitters, or motor remotes.
- Only operate the garage door when you can see it.
Inspect Garage Door Hardware
- A quick inspection of your garage door can help unexpected repair costs. The door should open and close smoothly, with no sounds of grinding or scraping.
Test Garage Door Balance
- Testing the balance of your garage door can help prevent excessive wear. It should lift smoothly without any resistance or bouncing.
Contact Douglasville’s CHI Dealer – Metro Garage Doors
If you don’t feel comfortable with these tests or you suspect any trouble with your garage doors, please make sure to contact us for a maintenance appointment today!